Apparently busy cooks with children rely on recipes like this when they’re tired and on edge. I also rely on recipes like this when I’m tired and on edge (minus the kid part).
Creamy Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken and Peas
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 pound angel hair pasta
- 2/3 cup cream
- 1 shallot, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2/3 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1-2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or pecorino Romano cheese, more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until aldente.
Simmer cream, shallot, basil, and lemon zest in a saucepan over medium heat until slightly reduced and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Stir in peas and chicken breast. Simmer 2 minutes. Stir in the pasta, cheese, and nutmeg and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with more cheese.